The Executive Council serves as the standing administration of the Great Awakening International and participates in governance by advising, reviewing, and recommending policy on issues that directly affect administrative, operational, and financial issues such as merit and compensation, human resources, representation, and the general communication amongst all the Great Awakening. The Executive Council ensures accountability and reporting among all units (councils, ministries, committees, and teams) of the Great Awakening. The Executive Council oversees the administration and makes recommendations to the Guardians and in some cases to the Zaqen Council on how the Great Awakening conducts business and assists with keeping policy and procedural information up to date. Further, the Executive Council serves as a forum for promoting and communicating administrative initiatives and concerns, of both a general and unit specific nature.
Each unit grouping shall have at least one representative on the Executive Council. Each representative is responsible to give a 3-5 minute report on their ministry, council , committee, or team.
These meetings usually occur once a month on the 4th Friday of the month at 5:30pm eastern standard time.
- January 28, 2022 at 5:30 est
- February 25, 2022 at 5:30 est
- March 25, 2022 at 5:30pm est
- April 22, 2022 at 5:30pm est (Passover Debriefing Meeting)
- May 27, 2022 at 5:30pm est
- June 24, 2022 AT 5:30pm est (Shavuot Debriefing Meeting)
- July 22, 2022 at 5:30pm est
- August 26, 2022 at 5:30pm est
- September 23, 2022 at 5:30pm est
- October 21, 2022 at 5:30pm est (Sukkot Debriefing Meeting)
- November 25, 2022 at 5:30pm est
- December 23, 2022 at 5:30pm est
- An Executive Council member must be leading a council, ministry, team, or committee unless selected as an at-large representative
- An Executive Council member should show evidence of being Messianic, Torah-Observant, Spirit-Filled, a passion and works of the Awakening Movement by prior service in a local GA Assembly
- He/She should aspire to the team and be willing and able to commit to the necessary meetings required for the Executive Council business (demonstrated by their fulfillment of such requirements in previous offices or responsibilities). The Executive Council meets once a month.
- He/She should be willing to promote and support the Great Awakening International in word, deed and financial commitment.
- At-large members should have experience in some of the following: personnel management, accounting, insurance, investment, law, marketing, computer sciences/technologies, fund raising, event planning, and organizational management. He/She should have wisdom and experience in setting policies, goals and objectives, in setting and meeting financial budgets, and in long-range planning.
GENERAL CHARGES OF THE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL
The Executive Council is a standing administration of the Great Awakening International and participates in governance by reviewing and recommending policy on issues that directly affect administrative, operational, and financial issues such as merit and compensation, human resources, representation, and the general communication amongst all the Great Awakening. Further, the Executive Council serves as a forum for promoting and communicating administrative initiatives and concerns, of both a general and unit specific nature.
The Executive Council is to
- provide a formal body whose function is to address issues of interest to the Administrative Faculty;
- Improve the representation of Great Awakening;
- Improve the general communication within the Great Awakening and the Hebrew Community;
- Disseminate information of interest to the Great Awakening and communicate its concerns of to the Zaqen/Elders Council
- To meet monthly or as needed to report on all matters of the Great Awakening operations and administration.
- To recommend policies and oversee planning for the administration of Executive Council operations including manual of operations, personnel, computing for Executive Council, physical space requirements.
- To recommend policies for the use and oversee planning and management of the Great Awakening International land and building.
- To initiate and approve long range planning.
- To review the compliance to the Great Awakening directives and corporation bylaws of Committees and Initiatives actions and point out discrepancies.
- To give guidelines for local assemblies, elders, and Morehs in civil and legal matters.
- To recommend policies and oversee planning for the budget.
- To review policies for personnel salaries.
- To oversee and participate in raising funds for Great Awakening operations.
- “The business affairs of the Great Awakening International, as distinguished from the ecclesiastical matters, shall be managed by the Executive Council, which shall have such powers and duties as are set forth in the charter of the Corporation and the By-laws.”
STRUCTURE OF THE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL
The bylaws sections 5 and 6 identify the need for an Executive Council in which each component unit will have at least one representative on the team in the unit or fraction thereof. The Executive Council is composed of representatives from the following Great Awakening component units:
- Morah Council
- Moreh Council
- E’Ma Council
- Zaqen Council
- Kingdom Minded Singles Ministry
- ObeYah Youth Ministry
- Beriyt Marriage Ministry
- Music Ministry
- WDOR Ministry
- Moreh Wives
- Interdisciplinary Ministry
- National Street Ministry
- National Children Ministry
- Arukah Ha'Shem Ministry
- Event and Feast Day Committee
- Budget and Finance Review Committee
- Ancient Path Preppers Team
- Mission Team
- Training Team
- Academy Team
- Ancient Set Apart Torah Scholars
- Digital Marketing and Technology Team
Each unit grouping shall have at least one representative on the team. Several Executive seats shall be designated "At-Large." Each at-large seat is to be filled by a person who attends a Great Awakening Assembly who is successful in administrative, financial, or organizational management. The Executive Council shall not exceed 25 representatives.
At-Large representatives will be invited or recommended by the Guardians, Executive Council and/or Elders Council to serve. Executive Council representatives are expected to serve until their term is up of leading a council, ministry, committee, committee, or team. No Elections shall be held within the Great Awakening International. Elders from the Zaqen Council may serve as Ex-Officio Members.